Monday, November 3, 2008

Kitchen Curtains

Finally my curtains are done. It took some time to complete because I hand embroidered the edges to match the dinner plates my son gave me.



My mom taught me to embroider when I was six, hard to believe, but with no TV there was lots of time to learn. Over the years I embroidered many projects. I also sew, knit and crochet. I started to paint a little while ago but I'm not very good at it. I still work at it but it takes a long time to finish a project.

If you have never tried embroidery I urge you to give a try. It's really wonderful to create something that is exactly what you want. I found a great blog which outlines all the embroidery stitches you will ever need. //http://primrosedesign.blogspot.com/.

Margaret





2 comments:

Powell River Books said...

You are a woman of many talents. My mother was a great seamstress. She made all my clothes and her own for many years. I am having fun learning how to do things now that I have more time. My new project is crocheting an afghan. Hopefully it will go faster than my hooked rug that took four years to complete. Have you made anything for your cabin yet? -- Margy

Margaret said...

Nothing yet. I'm still trying to decide on what changes I want to make. I would like to change the floor, maybe lino? We are also thinking of installing the same panelling througout. We have added a compost toilet but would like to update the vanity in the bathroom. Then decide on curtains, phew..so much work ahead of us, but all so much fun.

Margaret