Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tea Towels






A little while ago I purchased three cotton tea towels from my local fabric store. It's a very small store that carries quilting fabric, embroidery supplies and yarn. I'm really thrilled on how my designs turned out but I'm not sure how well the embroidered designs will hold up wash after wash so I'm going to iron self adhesive interfacing to the back. My hope is that the little threads on the back of the design will stick to the interfacing and not fray or come undone. If anyone out there has any pointers on this I would love to hear from you.
I have lots of design ideas but I'll have to find a good online supplier because $5.00CAD per tea towel is much to expensive if I plan to sell them. Again if anyone out there has any suggested online stores I can buy from please let me know. They must be located in Canada or the USA.



Margaret

3 comments:

Powell River Books said...

I have a funny story for you. Our mutual friend John rented his cabin #2 (across from us) to a quilting group. The women had lots of fun, Wayne even took a kayak over for them to try out. When they were all done they told Wayne John needed to have more tea towels. Of course, neither of them knew what they were talking about. In fact, I wasn't quite sure either since back in the States we just called them kitchen towels. Now I know for sure what tea towels are. My grandmother embroidered lots of them for me. The embroidery lasted fine on mine, but common kitchen stains made them less attractive as the years went by. Probably because I only washed them and didn't use bleach. -- Margy

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Oh I do enjoy your posts. I had received pillow cases that were embroydered by a friend. I have had them many years and although they may not have been used every week, they are just like new. Hope you have a great holiday this year....lol...Marlene

Joan Clarke said...

I love the embroidery. My friend in Sussex is doing a beautiful quilt made of embroidered squares for her daughter. I wish you could see it.