Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Powell River Garden Club

Last night the Powell River Garden club held it's first meeting in 2009 and I won the door prize, a $25.00 gift certificate to a local nursery. I'll be using it this weekend.

The garden club held a silent auction which raised enough money to fund 10 Afghanistan farmers through World Vision.

I am excited to report that the bulbs I planted in the fall are starting to show themselves, spring is really just around the corner.



On a separate note I enrolled to receive e-newsletters from a new Seedsavers Blog I was told about last night. Even if you don't live in Powell River the information found on the blog will
be useful to anyone, anywhere.

Margaret

1 comment:

Scrappy quilter said...

Congratulations on your win. What a great way to give - World Vision. Awesome job to everyone.