Thursday, July 30, 2009

For the love of tomatoes

I tried some different tomatoes this year, Black Krim, Yellow cherry and my standard Roma and cherry tomatoes. The Roma and red cherry tomatoes are not quite ready but the other ones are.
I'm not sure if the heat is making the Black Krim soft but even though they are still green on top and in the middle they are soft, juicy and really sweet.

Lunch today - home made whole wheat bread, slathered with mayo and thick tomato slices with fresh cracked black pepper and salt. Heaven!!!


3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

We love tomatoes here too. For the first time in a long time we didn't plant any this year only because of the cool weather we had during planting season. I will probably regret it later on though when they are ready.

The Hobbit said...

YES YES YES There is nothing better that tomato,mayo s&p.On home made bread? You must be in heaven.I know I would.

SuburbanGardener said...

Yes. Very tasty indeed. We have had similar sandwiches with fresh cold cucumbers too. Oh yea!!

SG