Sunday, February 14, 2010

Today Magpie's was insane

There is a similar type restaurant, in town, offering the same type of food I serve at my diner, and about twice as big. I've eaten there a few times and it was always very delicious. Often I thought "what a nice little place" I would love to own this....hehehe!!!

Unfortunately the cook/owner, had an accident, and she had to shut her place down for the week while she mends, which is what I would have to do if the same thing were to happen to me, that's the way it goes for owner/operators. Well many of those customers made their way to my diner, and although I really appreciate their business, I can not wait for the other restaurant to open up again.

Today was just too much. We were so busy that I just could not keep up..the last few hours we just told folks that it would take at least 1/2 hour for their meal...and they still waited...for which I'm very thankful. It's over for today but I'm very scared to go back tomorrow...

The rest of the chickens seem fine, I spent my 15 minutes out there with them, and they are acting as they should, so fingers crossed that all goes well.

On the bright side, Art is saving his tips to buy a much better camera, and he is about half way there...he so thrilled..

Happy Sunday everyone.

Margaret

2 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

It's wonderful to hear things are going so well. I'm thrilled for you guys. Hugs

The Hobbit said...

I think this is great news. Don't worry you'll adjust.I think that camera will be here sooner that you think.