Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Inspired at half the price

Day off today... sort of. . It's very difficult to process raw meat and not cross-contaminate while the diner is open and with 20lbs of raw chicken breasts to deal with I decided to pound them out and freeze them this morning.

Art was heading to the cabin with a diver to add air to the barrels under our cabin so I was on my own, more on that later.

I was at the diner by 8:00am but I made quick work of the chicken and was out by 9:15 and had a lovely walk to the bank, the mall and a second hand store that's closing out.

The view from the centre of Powell River is stunning with Malespina Straight in front and Vancouver Island mountains in the background. And this is but one of many views....



I ran all my errands and ended up at the antique store that is going out of business. The shop owner is also my egg supplier and it was with a sad heart that I visited her store today. I hate to see anyone go out of business but the recent recession hit her quite hard. The store is offering 50% off bone china and other odds and ends. I was thrilled to put together a mismatched china tea set and can't wait to use it. Just need to wash it up and I'm ready to sip some tea.






Now for the inspiration....50% off these craft books and two linen towels which I will use as doilies. You won't believe all the goodies in these books and I can't wait to get started on some of my favorite projects...but first I have to finish, a dress for Mia, the scarf I started knitting, a rag doll..and right, the garden, can't forget the garden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margaret,
The view is beautiful. I am sorry to hear about the shop closing, but you got some great deals. Enjoy your tea.

The Hobbit said...

Sounds like a good day.I'm not sure you need anymore books for inspiration.It sounds to me like your to-do list is pretty long.For sure, don't forget the garden.

Powell River Books said...

As you can see I'm getting caught up with some reading. I went to the antique store the other day and found a cute carved whale. I was embarrassed to pay the 90% off price. She has such wonderful items. I had lots of fun looking around and thinking about all the antique kitchen items I've got stored away still after our move north from LA. - Margy