Saturday, June 12, 2010

Goodbye cleaning lady


I'm sad to say that I no longer have someone helping me clean my house. You might think that the issue lies with the cleaning lady but you would be very much mistaken.
The problem is actually with me....did I tell you that I'm an idiot? Well let me tell you now...I'm an idiot. Why?
Because...I feel compelled to clean up my house the night before the cleaning lady comes. And to make it even worse, I only seem to remember about the big cleaning event just when my eyes are closing. I jump out of bed and run around the house, like a madwoman, making sure all is clean and tidy for the cleaning lady....
The stress was killing me. Honestly it was.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Margaret,
You are not an idiot. I would be doing the exact same thing.

Yillie said...

Too funny - we have had someone clean our place once, after Bronwyn was born - and I felt so guilty about having a dirty home, i had to clean up before she came to clean too!!!

Debbie, Ontario, Canada said...

I'm going to join the club. I had a cleaning service for about a year and had to finally give them up for the same reason. LOL. Idiots? Definitely.

Betty said...

I wish someone would help me clean out some of my stuff. There is just to much in this small space and the kids won't take any more.
I am now trying to give stuff to the grandkids (LOL) guess I will just have to take it is the Good Will.
Hugs ♥♥♥

Powell River Books said...

Just like my mother. We got back to Bellingham today. Wayne and I have to go to Seattle tomorrow and Thursday to see a doctor so I made an appointment for my mom to get a permanent at the hairdressers on Friday. She is afraid her hair will be too dirty and wants to wash and set it before we go. But I guess when you get to be 94 you can have things your way with no argument. - Margy