Sunday, October 3, 2010

mom, dad, what's for dinner?

Chicken and potatoes, blah! How boring!
Not this chicken and potatoes.


Look at these colors. Purple, red and white potatoes, a yam, some garlic, some olive oil and some sage. Three leg and thigh chicken pieces, drizzled with olive oil and topped with garlic and sage. Salt and pepper the works to taste.
Roast at 350 to 375 for about an hour, tossing and turning every 20 minutes or so and voila!
Chicken and potato, this is not your regular boring chicken and taters.

Is your mouth watering yet?

And best of all the potatoes (not the yam) and the sage is from my backyard and the garlic is from my friend's backyard about 4 blocks from here. The garlic was given to me to plant but I couldn't resist using it, this time, I promise to plant the rest.

How wonderful!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make something similar to this but your recipe sounds heavenly and yes, my mouth is watering.

Powell River Books said...

Sounds like a great fall dinner. - Margy

The Hobbit said...

The sheer joy of looking at a casserole and knowing exactly where that potato grew would make me giddy.Such a treat

Anonymous said...

The colors are incredible. It almost looks too good to eat.