Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Aprons



I need some aprons...at the diner. The ones I currently use are OK but boring, plain old black, faded black at that.

I was looking online to buy some fabric and came upon Galena Bay Fabrics. The website caught my attention for two reasons, they are a Canadian company and they have $5.00 per yard fabric.

I was looking at all their fabric, taking my time, trying to make up mind, finally I decided on some cute checkered fabric. I follow the instructions for purchase and start to complete the order form and when it's time to choose the delivery I see an option for pick up, I click on it and find out they are located in Powell River, wow... Not just anywhere in Powell River but a block from me. Double wow.

Anyway, I complete my order and walk the one block to Galena Bay. The proprietor's show room is in her home, open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursday from 1pm to 5pm and it turns out she has the largest selection of quilting fabric in Powell River, triple wow and she has plans to move to a larger home and add fashion fabric to the selection, OK so now I'm starting to shake, my knees are weak and I might just faint...I can hardly wait.

So back to the apron, I use my existing drab blackish apron for the pattern, and I finished one apron today...



And cut out a second apron with a bright red pocket.
I have a third cut out but I've run out of the white material I used for the lining. I'll have to go back to Galena Bay for....






7 comments:

2 Tramps said...

What a fun looking apron you have made. How handy to have a place to shop so nearby.

The Hobbit said...

Don't you love it when a plan REALLY comes together? That all sounds great and the aprons are adorable.

copperthumb said...

Sounds like we need to come for a visit.. so i can get some new fabric for my new kitchen...!!!nice apron!!

Anonymous said...

I love aprons

Anonymous said...

those are cool and so so awesome that it is close by! iol

Dianne said...

I love the apron! How FUN that you discover her just one block from you! Does she have an online website where one can order?

From the Kitchen said...

A perfect apron for a restaurant such as yours! And, it would do nicely in my kitchen as well. How nice to find such a source close at hand.

I just visited your previous post and must say that the children are adorable. What little joys!

Best,
Bonnie