Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Well like almost everyone else around the world I reflect back on 2010 and look forward to 2011.

2010 was a good year for my family. My diner has been in business for one year. Art and I did not make money hand over fist...but we paid the bills, kept a roof over our head and ate well but we also worked harder than ever before, our old bones ache.

My oldest son finished 2010 with a new daughter. Has found himself working in a new career and will be starting trade school in 2011. His wife, became a permanent resident, and can, if she chooses, become a Canadian citizen. She came to Canada two years ago speaking very little English, today she is fluent and can speak English almost as fast as her native Spanish.

My youngest son and his girlfriend bought their first house in 2010 and, with the help of an accident settlement, they step into 2011 debt free except for their mortgage. He also finished his first year in trade school with high marks and is employed working towards his journeyman papers. Both my grandsons are healthy, beautiful and growing up much too fast.

My mom and dad celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and my dad turned 80. 2010 was a year of celebrations.

2010 was almost perfect and it's hard for me to think 2011 will beat it but I'm positive it will.

I don't have any New Year's resolutions...I just take each day as it comes, make the best of it and look forward to tomorrow.

I have lots of plans for my garden this year, can't wait to get my hands in the dirt. I look forward to summer's long days spent at the cabin and swimming in Powell Lake. I look forward to spending time with my family. But most of all I look forward to a peaceful year spent puttering around my house and finding joy and happiness in a simple, but rewarding life.

Happy New Year, I wish you all the best in 2011.

3 comments:

The Hobbit said...

Happy New Year to you!Looking forward to more family bonding and ,yes, the trials and errors of my garden.Wishing you and your family the best.

Anonymous said...

2010 was a good year for you and your family. I hope 2011 is just as good, if not better.

Powell River Books said...

Sounds like a good year to look forward to. Happy New Year from down south. - Margy