Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wildwood Bluffs...

....is one of the best places to picnic. I did not picnic here today nor do I most days but I walk to this spot as often as I can.


I walk to the bluffs from my house and on the way I walk by this empty lot, and every time I walk by I stop for a moment, I just love this spot. If I was a better writer I could explain why I'm infatuated with this particular spot...It seems out of place on the West Coast, the tall grass reminds me of hay or wheat, and it's dry for most of the year, again quite unusual and definitely not West Coast. The wire fence and wood posts in the distance, remind me of a farm which this is not....I've seen lots of deer here, and although I've not seen any bears here, they left lots of "evidence". In the summer swallows dive for bugs and eagles and hawks soar above, no doubt looking for a mouse or two.








An abandoned nest....hopefully new owners will reside here in the summer.







On the way to the bluffs...







Almost there...you can see the bench I'll be sitting on.





Looking up from the bluffs to the bench.





And this is the view as I rest on the Wildwood Bluffs bench, Texada Island to the left, Vancouver Island under cloud cover and Harwood to the right. I never, ever get enough of this view.


2 comments:

Split Rock Potager said...

I didn't know about the Wildwood Bluffs...you must tell me more about them at the Garden Club Meeting on Tuesday...it looks like a lovely spot.

Anonymous said...

I can see why you like it so much. It is beautiful.