Monday, February 28, 2011

A little bit of a splurge...

I'm not one to spend money on "stuff". If I really need it I buy it and I mean dire need. For example, I'll replace my girly underthings only when the elastic is done, white becomes gray and only when material is threadbare and holes start to appear. That goes for clothes as well ...


But on Friday, Art and I made stop at a local second hand store, and I found something I absolutely love, which has no functional use, it just makes me happy to have it and see it everyday. But then again it might just have some function...if I can find inspiration in it and get my creative juices flowing...

In addition I purchased a pair of jeans and a vintage yellow dress, made of 100% silk and fully lined. It's a large size so lots of material to work with, not sure what I'll make, thinking of a skirt...

2 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Great finds!! Sometimes we just need to splurge. Hugs

Anonymous said...

I love it. As long as it makes you happy then it has served it's purpose.