Sunday, March 13, 2011

What's up with this weather?

Spring refuses to spring....the wind, the low temps, the sideways never ending rain, it seems to be going on forever. The ground is drenched, so going outside is not an option. I walk the dog because he begs me with his eyes and I come back drenched, ugh!!! very depressing. The only thing to do in this weather is sit inside, eat copious amounts of food and watch a movie or better yet watch moviesss.



As much as I like to eat, I'm not always in the mood to cook but eat we must. I had some leftover bits of this and that like black beans, sour cream, cherizo....



I think nachos and movies sounds just about right as the rain beats against the windows.



On the way home I stopped for tortilla chips and the rest I had on hand, leftover nachos....



I topped the chips with chopped cherizo, shredded cheese and black beans, served it up with a side of fresh salsa and sour cream and dinner was served.







The fresh salsa I make is also called "Pico de Gallo" and it's really easy, here is how I do it:



3 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped

1/2 small purple onion, finely chopped

1 seeded jalapeno, finely chopped

1/2 cup firmly packed cilantro, finely chopped

the juice of one lime

salt to taste

1 teaspoon chili powder



Mix all ingredients well and serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eating and watching movies is always a great way to spend time when the weather is crap.
The recipe sounds good.

The Hobbit said...

Ok between the fat Tuesday pancakes and the nachos my stomach is saying FEED ME........why don't you live a little closer.